Hey there! If you’re an avid hiker, you know how important it is to have the right gear. One of the most essential items on your list should be a good pair of hiking sunglasses. Not only do they protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays, but they can also improve your visibility on the trail.
So, what makes for the best hiking sunglasses? Here are a few things to consider:
- UV protection. The most important feature of any pair of sunglasses is UV protection. Make sure the lenses block out at least 99% of UVA and UVB rays.
- Polarization. Polarized lenses can help reduce glare, which can be especially useful when hiking near water or snow.
- Durability. Hiking sunglasses should be able to withstand rough terrain and outdoor conditions. Look for frames made from a sturdy material, like polycarbonate or titanium.
- Comfort. You’ll want a pair of sunglasses that feels comfortable on your face, especially if you’re planning on wearing them for long periods of time. Look for features like rubber nose pads and lightweight frames.
- Versatility. Consider getting a pair of sunglasses that can adapt to different lighting conditions. Some options come with interchangeable lenses, so you can swap out the lenses depending on the weather.
Now that you know what to look for, here are some of the best hiking sunglasses on the market:
- Julbo Vermont Classic Sunglasses. These vintage-inspired shades have polarized lenses and a durable frame, making them perfect for hiking. Plus, they come with an adjustable cord, so you can keep them secure on your head.
- Oakley Flak 2.0 XL Sunglasses. These sports sunglasses have a lightweight, durable frame and interchangeable lenses, making them great for all types of outdoor activities.
- Smith Optics Lowdown Sunglasses. These shades have polarized lenses and a comfortable fit, making them a great choice for long hikes. They also come with a lifetime warranty, so you can feel confident in your purchase.
- Ray-Ban Outdoor Sunglasses. These classic sunglasses have a durable frame and polarized lenses, making them a great choice for outdoor enthusiasts. They also come in a variety of lens colors, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Costa Del Mar South Point Sunglasses. These shades have polarized lenses and a comfortable fit, making them a great choice for long hikes. They also come with a lifetime warranty, so you can feel confident in your purchase.
So there you have it – some of the best hiking sunglasses on the market. Whether you’re looking for durability, comfort, or versatility, there’s a pair out there that’s perfect for you. Happy trails!